The 11th edition of PICURT, la Mostra de Cinema de Muntanya dels Pirineus will be held from June 20 to June 24 in La Seu d’Urgell, Alàs, Artedó and Andorra.
Like the year before, PICURT continues as a competitive film festival with four awards:
- Gall Fer Pirineus – La Seu d’Urgell Award, with a 2.000 euros prize, for works about the Pyrenees.
- Gall Fer Vallnord Award, for mountain-themed films, with a 1.500 euros prize.
- Gall Fer Andorra Award, for mountain ecology and environment related works, with a 2.000 euros prize.
- Gall Fer Internacional – Endesa Award, for international mountain-themed films, with a 1.500 prize.
This edition’s jury is composed of four members:
- Woman and the glacier by Audrius Stonys
- The babushkas of Chernobyl by Holly Morris i Anne Bogart
- Holy unholy river by Pete McBride
- Alaska by Christopher Stoeckle
- Plastic China by Jiu-liang Wang
- Jardines de Plomo by Alessandro Pugno
- K2 and the invisible footmen by Lara Lee
- Verso l’ignoto by Federico Santini
- Solo Base – From climbing to jumping by Xavier Coll
- Laila Peak. La medida de la vida by Javier Álvaro
- Panaroma by Jon Herranz
- Mar Álvarez No Logo by Jon Herranz
MOUNTAINS FROM AROUND THE WORLD – INTERNATIONAL
- The shepherdess of the glaciers by Stanzin Dorjai Gya i Christiane Mordelet
- Freedom under load by Pavol Barabas
- Arreo by Tato Moreno
- Rauf by Baris Kaya, Soner Caner
- Incógnita Patagonia by Eñaut Izagirre
- The eagle huntress by Otto Bell