Application period to PICURT – 12a Mostra de cinema de muntanya dels pirineus is now open.
How to register:
– Sending a private viewing link in streaming (YouTube, Vimeo or similar) to email@example.com, with the correctly completed form attached.
– Sending a dvd/bluray/flash memory and the correctly completed form to:
DEADLINE 31ST JANUARY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EXHIBITION OF MOUNTAIN-THEMED CINEMA IN THE PYRENEES
CULTURA I ENTORN DEL PIRINEU
The screenings take place over the last weekend in June in the town of La Seu d’Urgell, the villages of Artedó (Alt Urgell) and the Prinicpality of Andorra (parishes of Ordino, La Massana and Andorra la Vella).
This year’s event, the eleventh edition of the festival, will take place on 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 June.
OBJECTIVE AND SUBJECT MATTER
1. The festival is international, competitive and aims to show aspects of ways of life in mountainous regions through film, culture, sport, art and the environment.
I ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
2. Any person or legal entity (individually or as a group) may apply. There are no age restrictions.
3. There is no limit to the number of works entered by each producer/director.
4. All entries on a mountain theme will be accepted no matter the nationality of the author and/or producer.
5. The works presented may be documentary, fiction, sport or other genre but must have been produced since 1st January 2016.
6. The competition does not accept entries that can be viewed on the Internet by the general public, or those which have been transmitted on public media.
7. Previous entries to Picurt are also excluded.
8. No entries will be accepted by persons involved in the organisation of Picurt. Works of a tourism or publicity nature will not be accepted.
9. Application to XII Mostra de Cinema de Muntanya dels Pirineus – Picurt is free of charge.
10. Application deadline is 31st January. Entries which are presented after that date will not be
11. The original work may be presented in any language. If the original version is not in Spanish or
Catalan, it must be submitted with subtitles (in an .srt file) in Spanish, Catalan or English. A
dialog list in Catalan, Spanish or English may be accepted as well.
12. Application process:
1. Download and fill out the application form using the following link
2. Submit the correctly completed form with two photographs of the film to:
3. Send a copy of the film via one of the following means:
• Private viewing link in streaming (YouTube, Vimeo or similar)
• Private download link for viewing by members of the pre-jury on avi, mp4, mov
or similar (webtransfer, myairbridge) to firstname.lastname@example.org
• DVD / Bluray (sistema PAL) by post to:
CEP Cultura i Entorn del Pirineu
Sta. Magdalena 03-4
25700 La Seu d’Urgell, Lleida
(Optional) Application via Festhome: https://festhome.com/f/picurt
This process requires applicants to abide by the rules and regulations of the platform
III SELECTION PROCESS
14. A commitee chosen by the directors of Picurt will make a preliminary selection of the entries and their decision will be communicated to the producers/directors of the selected entries.
15. The organisation reserves the right to group the entries within the progamming of the festival
according to subject matter.
16. The OFFICIAL SELECTION will be announced on the festival website during the month of May.
17. No screening fees will be paid for those works chosen in the Official Selection.
IV PRIZES AND JURY
18. There are four cash prizes:
• Premi Gall Fer Pirineus – Ciutat de La Seu d’Urgell
Pyrennean entries (production, direction or subject matter) €1500.
• Premi Gall Fer Vallnord
Entries with a mountain/Alpine sport theme. €1500.
• Premi Gall Fer Andorra
Entries related to the environment in mountainous regions. €1500.
• Premi Gall Fer Internacional
Entries on a mountain theme which do not fall into the other categories (Pyrenees,
Sport and Environment). €1500.
19. The winners of the Official Selection will be chosen by an international jury selected by the
20. The prize money will be subject to relevant taxes.
21. No entry can win more than one prize.
22. A prize may be withdrawn if the jury so decides.
23. The award ceremony and close of the festival will take place on 30 June 2018 in Artedó, Alt
24. Once an entry has been selected, a copy of the work on DVD, BR or a high-resolution download
link must be provided for screening.
25. The organisers reserve the right to request further information about the work, author or any
other material they consider necessary; for example the transcription of subtitles with timing.
26. The organisers will return entries not short-listed. Shipping costs for the copies are the
responsibility of the author. The costs of returning the material, if requested, will be the
responsibility of the organisers.
27. The selected entries will be screened in accordance with the programming schedule
established by the organisers.
28. In accordance with the spirit of dissemination of Picurt, the works selected may be screened
over a period of a year (on PIC-TOUR), with no commercial intent. If the works are submitted
for commercial gain, this will be subject to agreement by all parties.
29. The authors are solely responsible for ensuring that the screening of their work violates no
third party rights, the organisers accept no responsibility in this area.
30. Excerpts (maximum length three minutes) of the short-listed entries may be used by the media
to publicise the festival.
31. The festival guarantees Copyright and intellectual property rights.
32. A copy of each short-listed work will be preserved as part of the festival archive, unless the
applicant expresses a wish to the contrary when applying.
33. Any situation which may arise that is not included in these Terms and Conditions will be
resolved by the organising commission and is not open to appeal.
34. The submission of a work implies the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and the
organisers’ interpretation and application of these regulations.
La Seu d’Urgell, 7 November 2017, the president, Montserrat Guiu March.